Here I am, you never even saw me arrive.
Check it all out on The Real Life – http://feeds.feedburner.com/miketheman
1) Joe sounds like he is talking into a tube.
2) Here is a lucid description of cricket:
“You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.
Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when
he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s
out. When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in
and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get
those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in
and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who
are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes
in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two
men called umpires who stay all out the time and they
decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides
have been in and all the men have been given out, and
both sides have been out twice after all the men have
been in, including those who are not out, that is the
end of the game!”
3) “She’s under the bookkeeper” – that could be understood in so many wrong ways.
And most important
When am I going to be on it?
1. where did my bar-corner-music go?
2. I was NOT in the bathtub while we recorded. I was on the bed.
A few comments:
I think Joe misunderstood Boojie’s comment about filk on the last show. She wasn’t comenting on his taste, because that would just be frightening, she was commenting on his definition of filk being wrong.
Forum.Con was indeed awesome.
Joy’s has gotten worse? Not a big surprise. Last time me and Noa were there we were very unimpressed, to put it mildly.
More restaurant reviews for us non-drinkers. Yes, it’s not just me. Not sure who else but I know there are some.
Orson Scott Card.
Me and Orson want restaurant reviews.
Thank you Boojie
Well, it was less than 3 minutes long, and you didn’t actually say anything about me until later, but I’m still proud. =D
I don’t have so many comments on this show, simply because it was the most boring one so far. Or maybe I’m just too tired/not tired enough. Can I still have a corner next time?
All I can say is this:
1. You don’t have to have lesbians on every show. Gay men are also good.
2. Know any cute girls who need their egos, emm, done wonders to?
3. Cross out things you talked about or something. We heard enough about LAMF, and I’m starting to doubt your show soberness.
And we might be coming to the picnic thing. What time is it?
It starts at 1pm and goes til whenever, and there will be various kinds of real food.
– Joe: I too extend my condolences for being on that show. I’d send flowers, but I’m too cheap for that.
– I am NOT connected to Lucifer. Neither is Cthulhu.
– No microphone here. Gave it to my parents, so they can speak with family abroad. Good daughter me, and very happy to have an excuse NOT to speak with family abroad.
– Too many compliments. Me blush.
– Careful with the gay jokes. The gay patrol is around and might chide you for it.
– I agree, Stella is beautiful.
– Boojie wasn’t asking why you don’t use drugs – Boojie was simply surprised to discover that you don’t. Sure sounds like it.
– “We always like to speak about Boojie” – I should start taxing this sort of activity.
– I did manage to get a slice of pizza eventually. No mousse though. ‘SOk, I’ll just sit here all alone in the corner and… um, never mind.
– Red’s GF is called, er, Long John. Well, no, it’s Einat, but everybody knows her as Long John. Red used to hide his real name from the public for a very long time. They once held a con at their place – and took the trouble of removing his name from the mailbox and the door so nobody discovers it. It was an ongoing joke. But he stopped doing that recently. Along with losing his cool ponytail, I think.
– There were many MANY LJ people on the con. ‘Twas really funny, half of the time I was seeing people as lj-user tags instead of as faces. 😛
– Lick-a-Mike Friday – it was all worth it to hear Mike’s screams after Joe initiated it, “YOU SICK FUCK! YOU SICK, SICK FUCK!” Heh.
– The place is called Limousine, what we ate was called “The Limousine cut”. The place, by the way, is rather well known.
– The only valid description of cricket is Douglas Adams’s version.
– And if you give us another cricket corner, I’m not listening to you anymore. Argh. That sucked. Blah.
– I don’t get it – you were in a bar, they ignored you – why the hell did you bother to go pay the bill???
– You do eat cold soup, and it’s yummy. Mike, you’re a barbarian and a philistine.
– About the “suck-a-dick wednesday” – aren’t you sorry that the forum.con wasn’t on a wednesday?
– I probably won’t be able to come to the picnic. Far too much work. 🙁
– Ooh! Nir’s Klingons’ song! Cool!
Real food I can eat?
So Mike says
You are most welcome. 🙂
When you don’t work on Sunday or Saturday nights and we record, I guess, and when you record shows on Friday night….
So I finally got around to listening to all the casts, and I have a few questions.
1. Are you high when you’re recording?
2. There’s still a problem with the echo.
3. No, seriously, are you high when recording?
4. Need more mentions of lesbians.
5. Dude, what the hell are you smoking before recording?
6. Show sounds really good, like a good amateur radio broadcast. Y’know, college radio without the suck.
7. Could I get some of whatever you’re smoking before recording?
9. Because, like, if you’re not high like you claim, then your show would kick even more ass if you were high.
10. Song kicked ass. Where can I get more of these?
11. So, like, can I get high with you before we do a cast together?